Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Most Hilarious Review Voting

VOTING HAS ENDED. The winner is CUDDLEBUGGERY!

Welcome to the voting round for the Most Hilarious Review voting round! Voting will last a week from July 31, 12:00 AM EST, to August 7, 1:59 PM EST. Please only vote once, do not cheat, and scroll down for the next category Blogging Fairy!

CuddlebuggerySeptember Girls by Bennett Madison/Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Chrstine (BookTuber)City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Good Books and Good WineThe Innocents by Lili Peloquin

Writer of WrongsSiege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

"But because Leigh Bardugo knows the things I like (magic, fictional pain, and hot fictional boys), she chose to do something totally crazy and add a THIRD potential suitor for my Alina's heart."

"I just want to sit down and share a bottle of kvas with him and have him flirt with me shamelessly."

"It's like one second we were here, and then this whole new wrench came out of nowhere and my mind was spinning. Somebody must have handed Bardugo a typical Book Two plot outline, and she must have laughed in its typical Book Two face, torn it to pieces, and simply said, 'No.'"

"But then SURPRISES WE'VE PUSHED THE ENDING UP AT BIT. IT SPRINGS OUT AT YOU BEFORE YOU'RE READY HOLY CRAP SOMEONE HOLD ME STURMHOND ZAC WHERE ARE YOU"

"Reading the final thirty pages consisted of me whispering, "Oh no, oh no, oh no, OH MY GOD, YES! No? No. NOOOOOOOO!" and flailing on my couch so dramatically that I scared my dog."

"Here's to hoping it's our Sun Summoner Alina that rises, and not the Darkling (so many dirty jokes I had to pass up just now. It hurts)."
One of the many amazing things about Gillian's review of SIEGE AND STORM is that the book blew her mind so much it legitimately broke her brain. This led the way for shenanigans involving caps lock excitement, sarcasm, fights over love interests both in the review and comments, and an overall laugh-out-loud funny experience while reading the review and interacting through comments. Narrated by the wonderful Zac Efron and his glorious face, her GIF hunting skills make her review all the more entertaining. Her usual amazing humor was only intensified by his glorious dancing skills. If you didn't want to read this book before, this review will certainly send you dancing to the closest book store to read it now!”
--Lili from Lili's Reflections (http://lilisreflections.blogspot.com/)
Fiction FreakMini Freak Outs

Just think about it for a second. Think about it long and hard. Her Mini Freak Outs are basically a live update of her reading experience of a certain book, with the page number and then some witty comment that's so obviously NIKKI. Like, honestly, they crack me up every time because you have no idea what's actually going on in the real book, which makes her reaction much more candid and funny.. They make me laugh so much, getting to experience a book firsthand through the eyes and mind of Nikki, because there is nothing as unique as her mind.

For example, from her review of STORMDANCER by Jay Kristoff:

Page 179—Ooooh BEAT DA BITCH!
Page 193—OOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THIS MY FRIENDS, is where the loyalty shifts and the truth is shown. God I sound cheesy. Dang, I'm talking to myself...this is not good...
Page 205—SHIT

From TOUCHING THE SURFACE by Kimberly Sabatini:

Page 298: Yeah. YOU DID WHAT NOW?
Page 310: Lol. Page 311: WHAT. DID. YOU. SAY. *do not compromise my beliefs*

EMBLAZE by Jessica Shirvington:

7: Ummm…I forgot everything….O_O
97: VIOLET DON'T YOU DARE O_O
97: Shi* just got real.

THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER by Michelle Hodkin (and maybe one of my favorite reviews because I laughed so hard)

Page 43: (This after I read the whole thing) Man...that should've tipped me off...
Page 45: PSH. Do you really want to be left alone? Now?
Page 52: NO DOUBT.
Page 57: Psh. Punch him in the face? You also want to suck his face. Right, right, AM I RIGHT MARA.
Page 67: Oooohhh Shizzler Twizzlers.


Remember, voting will last for one week until August 7, 11:59 PM EST. Please only vote once, do not cheat, and good luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment